Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Welcome!

I have a few new goals for this year.  Some of them involve ways to help me get my smarts back, so to speak.  I have been feeling pretty slow and forgetful lately due to some long and difficult pregnancies and going on a few years of sleep deprivation (love those babies of mine!) Two ways I felt inspired to help aid in my quest to resharpen some of my brain power were to re-learn to play the piano and read music and to get back into writing.  So far I have started in on each of those and am finding them both to be very therapeutic and rewarding. As far as the writing goes, I wanted to create a new space to just write down my thoughts and feelings with certain experiences and challenges we as a family are dealing with and will come up against in the future. Sometimes it will be a way to healthfully vent (but not rant!).  I hope that a majority of the time, however, it will be somewhere to document how we are coping and overcoming as well as what knowledge and experience we will gain through these curve balls life seems to throw all too often.  I have felt a little hesitant and even a little vulnerable by opening this blog up to others, but have felt impressed that I should.  I'm not sure who, if anyone, will follow along, but I do have hopes that one day our kids will be able to come back here for comfort and wisdom to see how we were able to overcome together.  It is a great way of doing our own family history work after all, right?

One thing that I can promise is that this blog will be authentic.  Those who know me closely will get that.  I've never been someone who feels the need to put up a perfect front and be someone I'm not.  I believe we can truly help and inspire each other by being real and by admitting our weaknesses and most importantly, what we are doing to overcome them.  No one is perfect.  We all are going through various trials and life experiences. But we can do hard things and we can become a stronger, more loving person by going through the refiner's fire.  With that, I'll leave you with a quote I heard recently that is becoming one of my favorites:

"Life is hard, true, but life is also beautiful, even when it's hard."

2 comments:

  1. Great Quote Stephanie ! Thank You ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm already hooked and this is the first post I've read. Maybe it's because of all that we've been through and you are basically my sister, but more likely, it's because you are a beautiful writer, and your resilient soul shines through these words. You are such an inspiration to me, and I am so grateful that you have followed your inspiration to do this. I know that you will be blessed, as will those of us that follow along with you. You can't watch Stephanie Graham go through her life and not be inspired by how gracefully and prayerfully you handle the hard things thrown at you. You are a fighter, and I am so blessed to have you in my life.

    ReplyDelete